We are currently in the middle of a covid-19 lockdown, and all real-life events have been cancelled or postponed.
Many of our clients are looking at pivoting to virtual events.
And that requires some new skills and in fact, a new role – that of the virtual event coordinator.
She is 2 parts techie, 1 part designer, 1 part idea factory
So, what does a Virtual Event Coordinator do?
Here is an outline…
- Planning of virtual event according to client needs
- Collection of pre-recorded material from speakers
- Advice to speakers on setup and hardware, if presenting live
- Collection of sponsor logos, URLs, etc
Design and Hosting
- Design of splash screens for intro, interval, thank you, etc (sponsor logos)
- Design of background for speakers
- Design of online programme if needed
- Secure hosting of pre-recorded content
Support and Moderation
- Setup of Zoom, Twilio or other event platform
- Creation of Lobby, Networking Area, Breakout rooms
- Creation of intro tutorial on how to use the platform
- Moderator to handle Q&A, polls, and provide online support
- Monitor hashtags on social media during the event
Live Entertainment inserts
- Music and Comedy intervals
- Real-time illustrator
Health and Wellbeing inserts
- live stretch break
- morning yoga class
- motivational talk/video
Incentives to engage
- Run competitions to win swag bags or other prizes
- Sms and mail reminders about start of sessions
EXBO provides delegate registration, abstract management, e-posters and websites to conference organisers.